Have you ever wondered how to spot a great pair of tailor shears? We've got you covered. We have compiled 5 points on how you can spot a great pair of scissors below:
1. Look at the tip. On your average pair of scissors, have you ever noticed the blade becoming less and less sharp the closer to the tip of the blades you cut? This is because most manufacturers don't care about how sharp the end on the blades are. When choosing a great pair of scissors, the first part of the blade you should try cutting with is the tip. For detail work, it will be able to finish your design without fraying or mistakes. If you have a pair of LDH scissors handy, give them a try!
2. Are the blades slightly curved? Often overlooked when purchasing scissors, a curved - or concave - shape to the inside of the each blade gives you extra leverage to cut through thick and long materials. Most average scissors will have straight blades, which will cause friction between the blades and the fabric.
3. What's so important about the button? The button - or the nut - has to be tight or loose enough for your personal preference. This is why it's so important to test the scissors, if possible, before you purchase them. LDH scissors are industrial grade, ensuring that the button is loose enough to not tire the user after a long day of crafting!
4. The handle is what makes you feel at home! To bring home a great pair of scissors, you should ideally try the scissors. Listen to your hands, how do they feel? We offer two kinds of handles: painted metal handles, and rubberized handles. Rubberized handles will be released in 2019.
5. How heavy are they? This is a tool that you will be spending a large amount of time with, getting to know every personal centimetre while you cut and sew. Make sure that the weight is to your liking and won't tire you out too quickly. Our 8" tailor shears are designed for those who need a lighter pair of shears and want to better protect their wrists (like LDH Marketing Director Ursula)! Not only are they lightweight, but they are also ultra powerful and sharp!